People still consider buying the best microwave oven in India as a luxury rather than a necessity. In contrast, an excellent microwave oven will help you reduce your kitchen time while preparing your favorite dishes.
Modern cooks and house makers find it wasteful getting stuck in the kitchen for hours to cook some dishes.
Rather than just cooking non-veg dishes, the best microwave oven is equally efficient to cook vegetarian dishes well.
India is gradually getting used to the thought of using a microwave oven to reduce kitchen time. As many of you will probably buy a microwave oven for the first time, that’s why you need expert guidance to choose the best for you.
Here is a guidebook of the best microwave ovens in India. We also have attached a complete microwave buying guide to enhancing your overall knowledge about the best microwaves and their usage. Please have a look at the guidebook to get more help before selecting the next kitchen gadget.
Top 14 Best Microwave Oven In India 2021
|Best Microwave Oven||Wattage||Price|
|Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven||2900 Watts||View at Amazon|
|IFB 25 L Convection Microwave Oven||1400 Watts||View at Amazon|
|IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven||2200 Watts||View at Amazon|
|Bajaj 20 Litres Grill Microwave Oven||800 Watts||View at Amazon|
|Bajaj 17 Litres Solo Microwave Oven||1200 Watts||View at Amazon|
|IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven||1200 Watts||View at Amazon|
|LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven||2500 Watts||View at Amazon|
|IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven||1200 Watts||View at Amazon|
|Samsung 21 L Convection Microwave Oven||800 Watts||View at Amazon|
|Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven||900 Watts||View at Amazon|
|Morphy Richards 20 L Solo Microwave Oven||1270 Watts||View at Amazon|
|IFB 20 L Grill Microwave Oven||1200 Watts||View at Amazon|
|IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven||2200 Watts||View at Amazon
|IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven||1400 Watts||View at Amazon|
Best Microwave Oven in India 2021
1. Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (CE1041DSB2/TL)
Samsung is marking its presence in every Indian home with its smartly designed gadgets. Samsung built microwave ovens are also outstanding performers, as much as their TVs and refrigerators. This Samsung convection microwave oven is the latest kitchen gadget that Indian homemakers currently prefer.
The company has given this microwave oven a standard of 28 liters. It is enough for most of the regular Indian families. That is why most households choose this product as the best microwave oven in India available currently.
Indian families love to eat together. That is why the Indian family suited the best microwave oven needs to have enough space for gigantic bowls. The 318mm is the turntable size of this product. It helps you heat an extensive amount of food at once, making no fuss about changing bowls to smaller ones.
2020 has taught the value of keeping the hygiene level high. This Samsung microwave oven has an innovative ceramic enamel cavity. It helps to provide stunning performance while cooking. Customers also find it easy to clean and keep it bacteria-free. The ceramic enamel coating also makes the microwave oven durable for constant usage.
What if you can make Rotis and Naans crispy without going through any hideous labor? This microwave oven has a smart tandoor that hits up to 200°C. You can make perfect roti for your family every time with a single touch.
The slim fry technology is the turning point of this microwave oven. In this technology, Samsung has combined the grill system with warm air circulation. As a result, it cooks food well on the inside with no usage of oil. Now eating healthy food has become easier than ever.
- It has a defrost feature.
- Advanced fermentation technology helps you to enjoy homemade curds.
- It has six power levels to control the temperature from 40°C to 200°C.
- The microwave oven has a stylish look that suits well in your modern kitchen.
- Customers need to download starter kits from the website. It does not come along with the product.
2. IFB 25 L Convection Microwave Oven (25SC4)
Indian homemakers have loved this IFB 25 liter convection microwave oven for its easy to operate features. It is an excellent performer in every type of Indian cuisine. To make your cooking experience worry-free, IFB has designed this model with care. It helps to reduce the workload of Indian home chefs with its exciting technology.
The microwave oven has an internal steam clean option. It helps to remove all the strains and grease from the panel in a minimum time.
This microwave oven has overheating protection to save the user’s time and effort. It has auto switches to off the microwave heating process when it reaches up to set temperature. It is helpful to save your food from getting burnt. Now you can relax and do some other household chores while waiting for your cake to get baked.
Another attractive feature of this microwave oven is the Express cooking method. You can make your food more quickly whenever your clock is ticking within just a single touch. All you need is to set the weight and press the button. Within a few minutes, you are ready with your food on the table.
Indian cuisine has the most variety. India’s love for food is also very famous. No matter which region you live in, we prefer and cherish different cuisine around the country. This microwave oven is perfect for cooking a standard menu of 26 dishes covering almost every region to satisfy your cravings.
The genius says that one’s competition is against oneself to be a better person. Keeping this thought in mind, IFB offers a cooking class free if you bought this microwave oven. The homemakers can learn the latest recipe from the experts and enrich their cooking experiences. This unexpected offer makes this IFB unit the best microwave oven in India for every right reason.
- It comes with a starter kit.
- It has a faster cooking method.
- The 25L size is perfect for small Indian families.
- You can defrost food with a single touch. You need to set the weight and touch the button.
- People should be careful about the type of utensil used in the oven. Wrong metal can cause disaster.
3. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (30FRC2)
IFB is one of the best microwave oven manufacturers that operate in India. IFB microwave ovens are high in quality and come in pocket-friendly budgets. For its smart look and latest technology, Indian homemakers drool over IFB Convection microwave ovens. If you have this product in your kitchen, you can run your household more effectively and in less time.
This IFSC 30 liter convection microwave oven has an auto defrost technology. It helps to defrost food quickly. You can just set the weight of the food in the control panel and press the defrost button. Your food will be ready to get cooked in no time.
IFB understands the pain of cleaning the greasy panel of your microwave oven. The strains of oil not only make the unit dirty and unhygienic. That is why IFB has put the steam-clean method in their product. You can clean all the grease from your panel with the single touch of a button.
The child lock feature of this product is one of the most desired features. If there are kids in the house, it is crucial to use the child lock protection to save your child from any microwave accidents. A safe home is what we desire the most. This feature makes this unit the best microwave oven in India.
- The oven is ready to cook 101 complex Indian recipes. Keep the food gourmet in you satisfied.
- It has overheating protection to keep your food safe.
- The timer option keeps you updated about the cooking time.
- The horizontal convection grill system helps to cook non-veg food evenly.
- IFB does not provide any starter kit with this product.
4. Bajaj 20 Litres Grill Microwave Oven with Jog Dial (2005 ETB)
Bajaj 20 liters grill microwave oven is one of the best deals you can grab at a reasonable price to make your kitchen smarter.
This microwave oven has an electronic control panel to control the power level according to the type of food getting cooked. The control over power helps to monitor the cooking process more effectively.
This microwave oven is a grill type oven by its design. For cooking non-veg, it performs amazingly. For home BBQ parties, this microwave oven can be irreplaceable for the Master chef at your home.
This microwave oven has a size of 20 liters. For those people who live alone or with small families, this microwave oven can be a great help.
The dual defrost option profiles you control over the process you want to defrost the food you can choose to eat by weight or by time, according to the type of food you want to prepare.
This product has five power levels to control the temperature depending on the cooking process. It provides help for saving power and cooks food quickly.
- Child lock safety features are available.
- For bachelors, it is a helpful gadget to save up budget and power consumption.
- The oven is ready for 9-auto cook recipes.
- It does not have a digital control power button.
- The looks of the product are also average.
5. Bajaj 17 Litres Solo Microwave Oven with Mechanical Knob (1701 MT)
Bajaj has specifically designed this 17L microwave oven for smaller families. The stylishly designed ovens lighten up your kitchen instantly.
If you want to buy the best microwave oven in India within a limited budget, you can bring this Bajaj unit.
Moreover, this solo Microwave oven has reheat functions. You can warm up your cooked food. There is no need to body for overcooking with this reheating function.
For people who love traditional over modern mechanisms, this microwave oven can romp their hearts. Bajaj has given a mechanical knob with the unit to control its panel. You can set the temperature and maintain the heating level according to your requirements with the mechanical knob.
Furthermore, to provide utmost safety protection, the product has an inbuilt alarm system with the 30 minutes timer. This feature keeps you updated about the cooking process. So you can relax from the tension of burnt food.
The microwave oven operates with over 700 Watts output. This eminent power mechanism helps to cook food faster and effectively cuts down the cooking time. As a result, you can save up on power consumption.
This product is one of the most budget-friendly units available in the market. You also get a 1-year warranty period on products from the company. As a result, it is one of the best deals you can grab to update your kitchen.
- Five power levels to manage the unit according to your requirements.
- Easy operating system
- One-year warranty period
- Smart look
- It is not a convection type oven. So you can’t bake & grill food in it.
- The absence of a digital control panel is a backdrop for modern people.
6. IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (17PM MEC 1)
A Solo Microwave oven is a necessary gadget for bachelors and newlywed couples. The reason behind this is that solo microwave ovens are cost-effective. Despite this, it efficiently performs most of the kitchen duties, like warming up food, defrost, and auto cooking. In the series of 17 liters Solo Microwave oven, the IFB 17PM MEC1 model can cruise the market with its high-quality performance.
Among all the inbuilt features in this IFB Solo Microwave oven, the Flexi Power Technology attracts consumers. With this power level, you can change the power supply during the cooking process without stopping the process. It is very much helpful to cook food well in a shorter time. As a consequence of its latest technology, it can easily beat its competitors to become the best microwave oven in India in its respective category.
Another exciting feature in this microwave oven is the jog dial control. Over the digital panel, this microwave oven has chosen manual control. Manual controls are more convenient to use. One can learn how to handle the microwave oven. Also, manual panels always work better than digital ones.
The auto cook setting is one of the must-have features in microwave ovens. These 17-liter IFB microwave ovens have three standard auto cook menus you can choose to cook. You can save up your time by setting the timer and get ready with your favorite food in no time with these auto cook settings.
This smart oven also has a 30-minute timer to send you notifications while completing cooking. Overcooking or burnt foods are no more an issue.
- The product has a one-year warranty period and a 3-year warranty on the Magnetron and cavity.
- It has three standard auto cook menus.
- Defrost technology helps to de-froze food more quickly.
- The product has an eye-catching design to lift your mood & your kitchen.
- There are no digital panels available in the product.
7. LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC3286BRUM)
The LG 32L Convection microwave oven mc3286brum is the best microwave oven in India non-arguably. For its larger capacity and latest features, Indian kitchens are happy to have it.
A convection microwave oven is a great help to cook food evenly. You can use it for baking & grilling food effectively. This microwave oven has a 360-degree rotational panel. This panel makes it in a bill to cook Barbecue recipes smoothly. Now you can have your favorite barbeque party at home in a safe environment.
Indian families love ghee and paneer. For this reason, LG has given Pasteurize milk a feature in this oven. With this feature, now you can heat the milk at a temperature below the boiling point of milk to preserve its nutrition elements. Serve your kid a cup of milk filled with high nutrition values.
If there is no boiling of milk, then there is no supervision to prevent contamination. Thus you can easily make ghee in 12 minutes with this microwave oven without investing your time and labor. Enjoy the purest homemade ghee at home.
This microwave oven has a stainless steel cavity. The stainless steel provides more durability to this product. Also, the multi cooking Tawa helps to circulate uniform heating inside the oven to perform better.
The oven has 211 auto cook recipes pre-installed. For these menus, temperature & cooking time is already pre-programmed. You can cook these delicious recipes with a single touch button.
The diet fry feature helps you to maintain your cravings without hampering your diet chart. With this feature, you can cook many fried recipes with lesser amounts of oil. Now, enjoy your evening snacks without gaining any weight.
- The concealed quartz heater acts as a safety feature to prevent any unnecessary scalding.
- The steam-clean feature is available.
- The looks of the oven are also attractive.
- Starter kits come with the product.
- It makes noise sometimes.
8. IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven (20SC2)
IFB is a well-known name in the electronics market. The company builds one of the best microwave ovens. The IFB 20 liter Convection microwave oven 20SC2 is just another feather added to their best microwave oven in India lists.
That oven comes with pre-installed 24 auto cook menus. The company has pre-programmed the cooking time and temperature for these menus in this model. So you can select and start with the cooking process quickly. Your culinary expertise will spread over various delicacies more rapidly with this product.
You also can change the auto cook setting according to your requirements. For it, there is no need to cancel the original functions from the product memory.
This IFB microwave oven provides the latest feature of multistage cooking. This critical feature has three types of cooking cycle in its auto-set cooking option. You can choose any cooking cycle to get high quality and hygienic food every time.
This micro oven operates on the convection mechanism. It efficiently performs any task of grilling, defrosting, reheating, and cooking according to your requirements. The easy control panel on the product makes it easy to operate the product smoothly.
- The product comes with a 1-year guarantee period.
- Also, there is three years warranty on Magnetron and cavity
- The product also comes with a starter kit. The consumer can learn the appliances with this starter kit.
- The safety regulations on this product are adequate.
- A bit costly
- The cavity only allows small pots. Cooking rice can be difficult.
9. Samsung 21 L Convection Microwave Oven (CE73JD-B/XTL)
If you want to choose a high-quality microwave oven, then the Samsung Convection microwave oven can be one of the best options available for you. Samsung has a wide range of Electronics products, and a convection microwave oven is one of their excellent performers in the market.
Samsung microwave oven uses the latest high-quality technology. Apart from that, the modern designs of their products catch consumers’ hearts in no time.
The Samsung 21 liter Convection microwave oven CE73JD-B is the overall performer. Samsung has taken extra care to build its exterior design. Because of the fine full glass used in the exterior, the product will look like a newcomer even after years of use. The ceramic enamel cavity in the interior resists scratches from cleaning with a towel in the body. It also helps to maintain hygiene inside the oven.
You can keep your food warm while talking with your guest without overcooking the food. The digital panel of this microwave oven has a button to keep food warm. Hence, all you need is to place the bowl and set the button while you are busy to attend to your guests.
The 21 liter capacity of the microwave oven is undoubtedly perfect for a smaller Indian family. For this reason, you can buy this product and save up some money.
The product has a Power defrost mode. With this technology, food gets defrosted quickly. Besides, the microwave oven works on the convection mechanism. Hence, it also defrosts the food evenly from every side. Clearly, for non-veg lovers, this microwave oven is the best convection microwave oven in India for cooking.
The best part about this microwave oven is the easy to operate settings of the product. The microwave has featured a sensitive touch keypad. It works great with a single touch. Further, it is easy to learn. As a result, you can make this Convection microwave oven for your kitchen friend quickly.
Triple distribution Technology regulates the heat evenly from every side. As a result, the system cooks food well.
- It has 21 auto cook recipes pre-installed
- It has a healthy cook option for diet conscious people.
- Anti-bacterial protection in the interior is present.
- Excellent performer in cooking a wide range of recipes
- Samsung gives a 1-year warranty on the product and a 5-year on Magnetron. The ceramic enamel has a 10-year warranty on it.
- It consumes more electricity for ceramic enamel used in the interior.
- Samsung does not provide the starter kit with the product.
10. Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven (MS23J5133AG/TL)
Are you a 4 or 3 members family? Are you not interested in buying a 32-liter microwave oven? Then, there is no need for market research to buy an ideal microwave oven for your family. In that case, Samsung 23 liter Solo Microwave oven is the most suitable kitchen gadget for your family.
Samsung built this solo microwave oven that works wonders in cooking. One might wonder about its performance quality as it is not a convection type microwave oven. In contrast, this oven can perform great in defrosting, treating food like other convection microwave ovens. On the whole, this solo oven is a cost-effective solution to update your smart kitchen.
The separate interior & exterior designs of this model make it a tough competitor in the race of the best convection microwave oven in India. The interior of this microwave oven has a ceramic cavity to make it more durable. Ceramic enamel performs much better than stainless steel cavities to regulate the heat evenly from every corner of the oven. Also, having a ceramic interior in the microwave oven is scratch-proof from microparticles. You can easily clean it up without worrying about leaving scratches on the unit.
You can warm up the cooked food without overcooking it with this Samsung Solo Microwave oven. The food warming feature keeps your food hot for longer when you are busy with some other work. Your food will not get overcooked or burnt with this microwave oven.
You can pamper your love for non-veg food with this Samsung Solo Microwave oven with no hard labor. This microwave oven has 16 recipes pre-installed in its memory. From making boneless chicken to cooking rice, you have a wide variant to choose from for dinner.
This solo microwave oven has a digital panel with an LED display. For this reason, users find it more simple to learn and read the operating buttons and settings.
- The product has an eye-catching design with stainless steel & mirrors.
- Power defrost technology to handle fresh food like meat, fish and softens it without making it soggy.
- Softening butter and chocolate in no time is another attraction of this model.
- One-year warranty of the product and a 5-year warranty on Magnetron is available in this Samsung solo microwave oven.
- Child safety locks are also available.
- As the oven is not a convection type, that’s why you can’t use it for baking & grilling.
11. Morphy Richards 20 L Solo Microwave Oven (20 MS)
To perform more tasks in a short amount of time, Morphy Richards 20 liters Solo Microwave oven can be your solution. Because of its 20 liter capacity, this Solo Microwave oven is a good to go option for smaller families. Making food for one person or baking a single cupcake for yourself is no more a dream. You can serve yourself in indices of your choice without worrying much about power consumption.
This Morphy Richards 20 liters Solo Microwave oven has five power levels to control the power supply. Therefore, you can adjust the temperature level according to your food requirements.
To make this Solo Microwave oven the best microwave oven in India, Morphy Richards has put overheating sensory protection for safety. With this technology, the microwave oven automatically detects any overheating issue. It shuts off the regulation of heat to prevent any accidental hazards.
The Solo Microwave oven not only cooks food but also takes good care maintaining the nutrition level in food. When you defrost any frozen meat in this oven, the nutrition value of the food remains intact.
The manufacturer has given a rotational dial to control the functions in this user-friendly Solo Microwave oven. With this dial, it is easy to use and leaves no room for making any mistake in setting up the system.
This 20MS microwave oven has a powder coating cavity to keep it safe from scratch. You can clean it easily, leaving no scratch behind. As a result, it will look new during its regular lifespan.
You can cook various dishes like rice, pulao, pasta, Upma, Paneer Tikka, etc. There is no need to waste much time cooking with this smart technology-supported Morphy Richards Solo Microwave oven. You can now enjoy your weekend with your family without getting hooked in the kitchen.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty on the product.
- Mirror finished door boosts up its aesthetic look.
- Consumers can use it for reheating, defrosting, and cooking.
- The brand does not provide a starter kit with this product.
- It is not a convection type microwave oven. So you can’t use it for grilling.
12. IFB 20 L Grill Microwave Oven (20PG4S)
IFB is a renowned brand manufacturing electronic goods. They always have manufactured high-quality products and serve their consumers with high-performance products. The IFB 20 liter grill microwave oven 20 PG 4S is another name among their best performers in kitchen gadgets.
This grill microwave oven has ten different power levels to choose from according to your requirements in cooking. You can adjust the power supply in the unit according to the type of food you are cooking. It is very much helpful to cook smoothly without stopping the process midway for adjusting the temperature level. Having control over temperature allows you to save your food from getting overcooked or burnt. IFB values the hard work that you put in while making food for your family.
To make the consumers’ life smooth, IFB has put a steam-clean method. You can wipe out oil and grease from the panel of this microwave oven in a few minutes with this feature. Also, the steam clean method provides sanitization to make the interior bacteria-free. You can have hygiene food on your table, putting no scratch on the oven.
The IFB 20PG4S is a grill type microwave oven. You can use it to make perfect tandoor dishes on your own. For this reason, the IFB 20GP4S model will become the star of the BBQ party with friends & family at home.
Cooking new & complex dishes is no more a time-consuming hobby. This grill type microwave oven has 61 recipes set in its membrane. The microwave already knows the cooking process & temperature range for those perfect recipes. So you can choose among them and set the oven on that recipe. You will fill up your dining table with various dishes, for instance.
To ensure user safety, manufacturers provide overheating protection sensors. The grill microwave oven can sense overheating issues on its own. In cases of overheating, the unit automatically shuts off the heat regulation. Your kitchen & home is safe in the trusted hand of IFB.
- Express cooking method option is available.
- The child safety lock is another just needed feature in this microwave oven.
- The brand provides a 1-year warranty on the product and a 3-year warranty on Magnetron.
- It has an LED display panel to control the oven & its settings.
- The starter kit is also available.
- It is not a convection type microwave oven. So you might not bake.
13. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (30BRC2)
If you are ready to pay a few bucks to buy the best microwave oven in India, then IFB 30L convection microwave oven 30 brca2 will be the best choice for you. This 30-liter Convection microwave oven is a perfect choice for medium-sized families. You can make food for medium-sized families at a go with this microwave oven.
They build this microwave oven on the technology of saving power consumption. So it will be a cost-effective gadget in your kitchen.
Among various attractive features present in this microwave oven, the best option is the combination cooking method. With this microwave, you can cook over one dish at a single time because of its large capacity and heat regulation technology.
IFB has put a touch keypad to make it user-friendly. Consumers can use this sensitive touch board to operate the system. The touchpad is also easy to clean.
This microwave oven is also a rotisserie oven. You can use it to roast skewered meats. For having a well-roasted turkey, there is no need to go to a restaurant. You can now have your roasted chicken party at home whenever you like.
- The product comes with a 1-year warranty period.
- It has unique features like the Express cooking method & auto defrost technology.
- The steam-clean option makes this gadget unique.
- It has 101 auto cook recipes pre-installed in the microwave oven.
- The manufacturer also provides the starter kit with the product.
- Users should be careful while using this product. The inside temperature of the oven can be very high. Without conscious effort, one can get hurt from heating.
14. IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (23BC4)
IFB 23 liter Convection microwave oven 23BC4 is an innovative gadget that complements your stylish and modern kitchen. The 23 liter capacity of this convection microwave oven allows you to cook for your full family at a single time.
The steam-clean feature in this microwave oven makes your life happier. You can clean the interior in a few minutes, leaving no strain of oil behind. After the COVID-19 pandemic, we all understand the value of maintaining hygiene in food. You can’t let any bacteria live in your dirty microwave oven. The steam-clean feature also sanitizes the whole inside of the oven after cleaning. It makes this latest type of convection microwave oven almost 99.9% bacteria-free.
This microwave oven is a convection type. So you can use it for baking and cooking. Apart from these features, this microwave oven is also ready for grilling. You can green your favorite vegetable and meat in this microwave oven efficiently.
This microwave oven has an auto defrost technology. With this feature, you can set the food weight in the control panel of the microwave oven. After that, place the frozen food inside the oven. Within a few minutes, your food will defrost. Hence you will be ready to cook it right away into a delicious dish.
For working professionals, running out of time to eat is a common problem. To save up your time, IFB has given an Express cooking feature in this convection microwave oven. If you set your product in this setting, your food will cook faster. Now you can have time to do breakfast before leaving home for work.
Cooking is an art. And an artist needs professional guidance to improve. With this approach, IFB offers its users to join a cooking master class. If you buy this product, you can join this class for free. Besides, you will share your cooking experience with people coming from different parts of the country.
- The brand provides a starter kit with this product.
- The product has a 1-year warranty period. Cavity & Magnetron have a 3-years warranty.
- A digital control panel is available.
- The microwave oven has 71 auto cook recipes pre-installed
- The floral design on the mirror makes it look more sophisticated.
- It offers child lock safety & overheating protection to ensure users’ safety measures.
- It can be a bit costly with no offer.
Best Microwave Oven – Buying Guide
You might wonder why you need a microwave oven when you are already used to gas ovens. One can also be curious about how much a microwave oven can help in daily kitchen work.
We have analyzed your queries and brought the best microwave in India for you. With the buying guide for microwave ovens, you will understand the inside knowledge about a microwave oven and its importance.
It will also help you choose the best oven in India. Unless you want to decide your next kitchen best friend randomly.
Have a complete read of our buying guide to know which microwave oven you need to buy according to your requirements
Before buying the best microwave oven in India, you need to understand the cooking concept. Understanding the cooking procedure of microwave ovens will help you buy the best microwaves in India.
The heat regulates inside a microwave oven as electromagnetic waves. When you place a bowl of food inside the microwaves, the water, sugar, and fat present in the food absorb the heat. That heat transfers to the other molecules of the food. Thus it gets cooked. But you have to use suitable cookware inside the oven. According to the type of microwaves, you need to choose the element of your cookware. Most microwave ovens allow glass, silicon, and ceramic cookwares as they don’t absorb microwaves nor reflect them. Do not use metal cookware inside a microwave oven unless it is a traditional oven to prevent any mishap from happening.
Different Microwave Oven Types:
- The traditional oven works on the conduction of a heating mechanism. Hotter molecules collide with cold molecules and transmit the energy in terms of heat. That is the process of how the conduction of heat transmission works. When you put off the bowl to cook food in a traditional oven, the heat passes through from the side towards the center. This type of province is the most basic want that activates heat transfer for cooking.
To work with this type of microwave oven, the type of cookware used is crucial. Like if you use copper-made cookware, then your food will get cooked fast. Copper is an excellent conductor of heat.
In contrast, stainless steel is a poor conductor of heat. In that case, you might face some problems while cooking in stainless steel cookware.
Convection microwave oven
- The best microwave ovens use convection heat mechanisms for cooking. In this process, heat regulates throughout the microwave from every corner and every surface. Thus food gets cooked quickly without stopping the cooking procedure for stirring the food. In a convection microwave oven, there is a fan that blows hot air. The hot air helps to brown the food’s outer surface to make it crispy. Because the heat moves evenly in every molecule, the inside of meat gets cooked very well than the ordinary ovens.
The study says if you use a convection microwave oven, it efficiently decreases your cooking time by 25% than your usual one. A convection microwave oven works better to defrost frozen foods. If you use a basic microwave or scalding water to defrost frozen food, only the outer side gains temperature. But in a convection microwave oven, even a chunk of frozen meat can get defrost from inside very well within a few minutes.
Conventional microwave oven
- Solo type and grill type ovens in the market work on conventional heat theory. In this type of unit, the bowl surface that touches the heating panel gains temperature more rapidly. The food from that surface gets cooked better. In contrast, a conventional microwave oven works wonders in baking.
Conventional microwave ovens can cook some simple recipes that require minor alteration of heat. For reheating food, this type of product works efficiently. A conventional microwave oven is more cost-effective for consumers. Yet users can use this oven for various purposes like cooking, grilling, baking, etc.
Difference between microwave & oven
There is not much difference between oven and microwave. It is all in the terminology and general usage of language.
- Generally, people use the word microwave to show a gadget that only cooks or heat the food. Microwaving means cooking food. In contrast, you can’t use it for baking as it only regulates the heat through radiation.
- The word ‘oven’ shows a microwave oven. In this gadget, there is a heating panel that heats hot air. That hot air transfers the heat to the food. In this type of oven, you can do mainly baking.
- There also exists a combination of microwave and oven. People call it a microwave oven. In this combination of a microwave and oven, you can do both cooking and baking. Heat transfers through the unit with a heat convection mechanism. There is also a fan that blows hot air inside.
Difference between OTG & microwaves:
|OTG means an oven, toaster, and grill. It is more like a smaller version of a traditional oven.||It shows a conventional microwave oven, which is a better version of a basic microwave.|
|An OTG has an electric coil that heats the panel.||The high voltage panel leaves electromagnetic waves that heat the inside of the oven.|
|Heat distribution is less even than a microwave oven.||Microwave ovens are famous for their heat distribution.|
|It also takes more time to get heated.||It takes almost 50% less time than an OTG to warm up.|
|You can use metal cookware in an OTG.||You can’t use metal cookware in this type of oven.|
|It is a more budget-friendly option for users.||It costs more than an OTG|
Different models of microwave oven available in the market:
- This type of microwave is portable.
- Pocket friendly
- The size range varies from 1.0 cubic feet to 2.0 cubic feet.
- It does not need professional installation.
- Most flexible to use it anywhere. All you need is to plug it, and it is ready to use.
Above range microwaves
- It saves up space. You can install it anywhere above the counter table of the kitchen. It is perfect for a small kitchen.
- The height is very crucial. If you install too much, you will face problems accessing it.
- It has a ventilation process to clean up the smell of food.
- It needs professional installation to use.
Microwave oven drawers
- You can perfectly fit it in the lower cabinet of your kitchen.
- You can install this microwave oven according to your need.
- It is a bit costly.
- You can have additional space on your kitchen counter with this microwave oven.
- It does not have the option of convection heating.
Must have features in a microwave oven:
- Consumers buy microwave ovens to share their workload. If the microwave oven offers an auto cook feature, it can make users agree to purchase it instantly. With auto cook features, you can make recipes real quick. You do not need to check the food repeatedly to stir the food to cook it well. Microwave ovens have some pre-installed auto cook recipes in them. You can just put the bowl with all the ingredients in the unit. Then select the button of the right recipes in the settings. The microwave oven already knows cooking that recipe and the required temperature level as well. Your food will get ready after the required time with no fuss.
- People know rotisserie spit roasting. You have seen some microwave ovens have features to place skewers inside. This feature helps you cook roasted meat in your oven when you do not have access to an open grill. You can place a long solid rod holding meat inside the oven. Like we roast chicken in sticks while enjoying campfires. Now you can enjoy that flavor of roasted chicken in your homes with this feature. With these rotisserie features, the heating panel of the oven rotates while cooking in convection heat. That allows the heat to pass through each molecule of the meat or vegetables. Cooking large meat at a single time in a rotisserie oven is very much useful.
- People are very busy these days. That’s why they want to have gadgets that help to share their work pressure. An efficient kitchen gadget can allow you to multitask without hampering your cooking skills. A good microwave oven must have a timer. It sends a notification about the cooking stages to the user. With the timer, you can fix the cooking time. Besides that, it also helps you to be aware of the time left to complete the cooking. You can set the timer manually by using a jog dial. Otherwise, some microwaves have a digital panel with a LED display to set the timer according to the food requirements. You can wash your daily clothes while your Pulao is getting ready.
- Buying glossaries every day is troublesome work. Working professionals and smart homemakers do not waste their time going to buy meat and vegetables every day. People usually buy it once or twice a week and store it in the refrigerator. That’s why while cooking frozen foods, usually people face a problem. If you put frozen meat in scorching water, the food does not gain any temperature inside. As a result, while cooking, the food remains uncooked inside. That’s why smart microwave ovens have defrosted technology. With this feature, you can just set your microwave according to your food weight or by the time you require defrosting your food. Then set up the oven and place the bowl inside. With regulating heat on every side of the food, you will get fresh meat or vegetables at your kitchen top to cook daily dishes.
- If you are a person who loves baking, then you know the importance of the preheating feature in a microwave oven. Rather than baking, some other recipes like tandoor dishes also ask about preheating features. That’s why the best microwave oven should have the preheating option to allow you to cook any recipe of your choice. With a preheating option, the microwave gets ready with heat-regulating evenly inside the unit. As a result, your food cooks well from every side inside the open in a shorter time.
- The best microwave convection oven has a Child lock facility to protect your family’s safety. As a microwave oven is an electronic gadget, it can cause accidents for careless handling. To prevent any unwanted danger, manufacturers put Child lock safety features in the best microwave oven in India. With this safety feature any unfamiliar person cannot operate your microwave oven. It is helpful when curious kids are running around the house. Moreover, you can switch off this feature as per your requirements.
- Sometimes your microwave oven can cause overheating because of various reasons. Like fluctuation in the power supply or not having adequate ventilation in a microwave oven can cause the high voltage parts to heat up too much. In cases like this, you need safety features that can control the temperature of the heating panel. As the reason to save the oven and your kitchen from any dangerous short circuit, maintaining the heating process is crucial. The best microwave oven in India has an overheating protection feature in it. If your microwave oven has overheating protection, it can switch off itself automatically up to reaching a certain point of temperature. When the high-voltage part cools down up to the safe mark, then the unit reset itself automatically. After that, the microwave will work fine.
- Another feature that the best convection microwave oven should have is fermentation. Fermentation means breaking down substances using microorganisms. Some people love to eat homemade curd. For them, if their microwave oven has fermentation features, they can make yogurt at home with no hard work. Making paneer or enjoying homemade ghee can be your daily routine with a microwave oven having a fermentation feature. Fermentation features also can help raise pizza dough by having yeast inside.
The Control panel of a microwave oven is one of the most crucial parts. Because with the help of the control panel, consumers will communicate with the microwave. We have seen three types of control panels available in the Indian microwave ovens.
- Jog dial panel
Some Solo Microwave ovens have a jog dial. Users can set the timer and temperature by moving it clockwise & anti-clockwise. Having a jog dial panel makes the system more durable than digital panels.
- Digital panel
The latest types of microwave ovens have a digital panel to control their settings. A LED display shows up different buttons that you can access to set an accurate timer and temperature. A digital panel makes the microwave oven look more stylish.
- Tactile buttons
Having Tactile buttons as panel settings is very much handy. You can use this feature to set the temperature and time, even if your hands are dirty while cooking. You do not need to wash your hands or clean up the dough from your fingers to access the panel.
Deciding the capacity of your microwave oven is an important job. The ideal microwave oven capacity depends on its type. It also means what amount of food you can cook in it at a single time. We have noted down a chart that shows various capacities of ovens according to the type of microwave oven and the size of families.
|Solo Microwave Oven||Convection Microwave Oven|
|15-20L for 2-4 members||21-30L for 2-4 members|
|25-30L for 4-6 members||32L and above that for 4-6 members|
- A microwave oven that consumes higher wattage will cook food faster than a low wattage microwave oven. Every microwave oven comes with a list of a supported menu that you can cook in that oven. All these recipes have pre-written power output required to cook them. Also, higher power output capacity shows the load that the microwave oven can carry. The range of power output varies from 800 to 1200 watts. If you want a microwave oven for light use in a small family, you can go for an 800-watt capacity microwave oven. But if you belong from a large family and the kitchen pressure is high in your house, you should have a higher Power capacity microwave oven to work smoothly.
- There are various sizes of microwaves available in the market. People can choose any of them according to the size of their family. The size range depends on how many members your family has.
The size of a microwave oven comes in cubic feet measurement. The cubic feet determine how much food you can cook at a go. You can check the size of your microwave oven. You need to measure the distance from the back wall of the microwave to the front door. Then you have to multiply it with the width and the height inside the microwave oven. The large size microwave oven shows that you can cook more food at a time. Also, a larger size microwave oven needs a higher power output to operate.
|Compact Size||Medium Size||Family Size||Full Size|
|0.5 to 0.8 cubic feet||0.9 to 1.3 cubic feet||1.4 to 1.6 cubic feet||1.8 to 2.0 cubic feet|
|It is suitable for bachelors, and those who live on their own.||A family of two people||A medium-sized family 3-4 members.||If your family has more members than 4|
|Use low power wattage of about 700 watts.||About 1100W output||Higher power output enables about 1250W||It needs more than 1200W to function.|
Frequently asked questions about microwave oven
A microwave oven uses microwaves to warm the food. In contrast to that, an oven has a heating element inside it. The heating element heats the air inside the oven. Then the food gets cooked. In reality, you can’t bake in a microwave oven. But baking in an oven is simple.
Microwave oven only uses microwaves to heat the food. But a convection oven has a fan regulating inside. It circulates hot air throughout the oven. In a Convection oven, you can cook food faster. It works more quickly than a microwave oven. But a microwave oven has better efficiency in cooking. A Convection oven fails to prepare food evenly. Besides that, a microwave oven uses less power. A convection type oven consumes more power to operate.
Microwave ovens fall under the category of small household appliances. To be honest, you can’t recycle them as a whole product. But can you take your old microwave oven to the closest recycling center? They will smash it under the hammer and find it in a conveyor belt. Afterward, they collect ferrous & non-ferrous metals in separate forms. But before disposing of it, try fixing it. Consult with a professional mechanic for fixing.
The capacity of a microwave oven depends on the family size. Their necessity influences the right size oven. A small family can choose a solo microwave oven. Then 15 to 20 liters of oven size is enough. But a convection type microwave oven needs a bigger size. A 21-30 liters convection & grill type oven is sufficient for them. Similarly, a medium-sized family needs a different size oven. A 25-liter solo-type microwave oven serves them the best. Although, they will need about a 32 liters convection or grill type oven.
The power consumption by an oven depends on the setup temperature. The size of the open also influences the power consumption. On average, a standard microwave oven uses between 2000 and 5000 watts. The device does not consume all the power. In contrast, it draws enough power during the operating period. To be specific, a typical oven uses 3000 watts of power. It is data of an hour operation.
At any rate, microwave radiation is harmful. To our surprise, the human can absorb microwaves. The absorption rate depends on the frequencies of microwaves. It can heal the human body just like it does with food. With extreme radiation exposure, it can burn your hand. An oven can bring danger. Despite that, a microwave oven produces less harmful radiation. Above all, a microwave oven traps its microwaves inside the machine. Therefore, stating that a microwave oven is safe to use, is not a lie.
Raw meat and vegetables contain many Nutrition elements. We can find vitamins, starch, fat, etc in raw food. However, some of those vitamins might be highly heat sensitive. Boiling or steaming food ends up losing the nutrition value of those elements. Hence, cooking food can make it less nutritious. In reality, microwave cooked food is healthy. To our surprise, it has seven times higher nutrition value than boiled food.
In a microwave oven, food gets cooked by trapping microwaves. But metal reflects the microwaves rather than catching them. For this reason, you can’t cook food in metal cookware. In the meantime, the reflected microwaves can damage the kitchen appliance. With the safety quotient in mind, people should be careful of metals. One should not use metal cookware in a microwave oven.
Are you still here? Then you have extensive knowledge of microwave ovens. We have scrutinized every detail of the best convection microwave oven. You can process further to buy the best microwave oven in India. Share your first microwave buying experience with us. We are eager to hear.